【時事英文】
3 American Intimacies I Don’t Get
來美國17年,我仍然無法理解的美式親密
After 17 years in the United States, these public displays still make no sense to me. But I’m trying.
來美國17年了,我還是不能理解這些公開表現的方式。但我一直試著了解。
Hugs Galore
Hugging wasn’t a thing in my childhood in Hong Kong. When I saw my grandmother, I just shook her hand. In fact, I never hugged anyone until I was 13, when I came to America. The concept of hugging was so foreign to me that I had to study how other people hugged to understand the mechanics of wrapping your arms around someone. Was I supposed to put both arms over the shoulder? Both arms around the belt? One up and one down? It was a confusing time in my life.
大量擁抱
我的童年是在香港度過的,那裡不流行擁抱。看到奶奶,我只會握著她的手。實際上,在13歲來美國之前,我從來沒有和任何人擁抱過。擁抱的概念對我來說如此陌生,以至我不得不去研究其他人是怎麼擁抱的,以便理解這種張開雙臂環繞住某人的技術。我應該把兩條手臂都放在對方肩膀上嗎?都搭在腰上?一上一下?這是我人生中的一個困惑時期。
When I finally mustered the courage to hug this girl in school, I’m pretty sure I forearmed her in the face. Yet these days, I’m recklessly hugging everyone, with complete disregard, and hopefully fewer injuries. I hug my friends, I hug people I’ve just met, I hug the UPS man if he delivered a cool package. (Even if he delivers toilet paper, I still give a quick hug.)
當我終於鼓起勇氣在學校裡擁抱一個女孩的時候,我敢肯定當時我的前臂碰到了她的臉。但如今,我會輕鬆自如地擁抱所有人,完全沒有顧慮,但願也沒造成什麼傷害。我會和朋友擁抱,和剛認識的人擁抱,和給我送來好東西的UPS快遞員擁抱。(即使他送來的是衛生紙,我也會快速擁抱他一下。)
‘Bae’?
Most of my friends have at least two dating apps on their phones. One friend is having lots of success on Plenty of Fish, another had her heart broken twice by different guys from Bumble, and I have gathered a database of nightmare stories from my own Tinder dates.
「寶寶」?
我的大部分朋友手機上都有至少兩款交友APP。其中一個朋友在Plenty of Fish上有不少成功斬獲,另一個朋友被透過Bumble認識的兩個傢伙傷透了心。我自己也在與用Tinder認識的人約會時發生了很多噩夢般的故事。
I once matched with a woman whose job description was “social influencer.” Deep down I knew this probably meant she was unemployed with 50,000 Instagram followers — some of them real — but I gave it a shot. I took her out to Dave & Busters so if the date went south, I could still enjoy myself playing Mario Kart.
我曾經在Tinder和一個工作描述寫的是「網路紅人」的女人配對。她在Instagram上有五萬粉絲——其中一部分是真正的粉絲——內心深處,我知道這可能意味著她沒有工作,但我想試試。我帶她去了Dave & Busters娛樂餐廳,所以如果約會失敗,我還可以玩瑪利歐賽車(Mario Kart)。
Throughout the date, she kept having me take videos of her for her Instagram story. “O.K., do one like that, but turn the phone the other way.” “Let’s do one with the puppy face filter!” “O.K., get one of me playing Mario Kart.” I’m not your cameraman! I want to play Mario Kart, too! I would have walked out if I hadn’t just invested $30 in my Dave & Buster’s game card. Priorities.
在整個約會過程中,她一直讓我給她拍可以發到Instagram上的影片。「好,這樣拍一個,但把手機換到另一邊去。」「我們用狗狗臉濾鏡拍一個吧!」「好,拍一個我玩瑪利歐賽車的。」我不是你的攝影師!我也想玩瑪利歐賽車!如果不是剛往Dave & Buster’s的遊戲卡裡儲值了30美元,我當場就走了。這才是最重要的。
We never got to know each other, but that didn’t seem to be an impediment to her, at least not on social media. The next day I saw a post on her Instagram of her playing Mario Kart, with the caption “I love it when bae takes you out for game night.” Um, what? I definitely was not her “bae” and we have never spoken since. As Justin Bieber would say, “Baby you should go and love yourself.”
我們根本沒能了解對方,但這對她來說似乎並不是問題,至少在社群媒體上不是。第二天,我看到她Instagram上發了她玩瑪利歐賽車的貼文,圖解說「我喜歡寶寶晚上帶我出去玩」。什麼?我肯定不是她的「寶寶」,後來我們再也沒說過話。就像Justin Bieber會說的那樣,「寶貝,你應該去愛你自己。」
The Rampant Spread of ‘I Love You’
In many Asian cultures, people rarely, if ever, utter the words “I love you.” But in America “I love you” can be used as an endearing greeting from lovers, as a supportive term from parents to their children and even as a casual goodbye to friends: “That was an amazing brunch, let’s do it again soon. I love you, bye!”
泛濫的「我愛你」
在很多亞洲文化中,人們很少說「我愛你」。但在美國,「我愛你」可以是愛人之間的親密問候、父母對孩子的支持甚至是和朋友的隨口道別:「這頓早午餐太棒了。咱們改天再一起吃。我愛你,再見!」
American culture is just much more intimate than what I was used to growing up. If I said “I love you” to my parents, they would probably think I’m crazy or that I have terminal cancer. I have said it to my friends sometimes, in a drunk-guy-at-the-bar way. “Hey, I love you, bro, you’re awesome, man.” And I have said it to one girl, but to be honest I’m not sure I meant it — it just seemed like the right answer at the moment.
美國文化遠比我在成長過程中所習慣的文化親密。如果我對我的父母說「我愛你」,他們可能會認為我瘋了,或者是到了癌症晚期。我有時候會像酒吧裡的醉鬼一樣對朋友說。「嘿,我愛你,兄弟,你太棒了,哥們兒。」我對一個女孩也說過這三個字,但說實話我不確定自己是不是認真的——只是因為那個當下似乎應該那麼說。
She was wonderful, and two months into our relationship she told me, “I really like you.” I said, “I really like you too.” Then she said, “I really, really like you,” and looked into my cornea. And I said, “Yes, I really, really like you too!” Frustration came over her and she pushed on: “No! I mean, like, I really, really, really like you!” A-ha — I finally realized what she meant, so I gave her the answer she was looking for: “Oh yeah, I love you.”
她是個很棒的人。交往兩個月後,她對我說,「我真的喜歡你。」我說,「我也真的喜歡你」。然後她說,「我真的、真的喜歡你,」並看著我的眼睛。我說,「是啊,我也真的真的喜歡你。」失望襲來,她進一步強調:「不是!我的意思是,喜歡,我真的、真的、真的喜歡你!」喔,我終於明白她的意思了。於是,我說出了她想要的答案:「是的,我愛你。」
That was a regrettable mistake from this naïve people pleaser. We eventually broke up because we both realized I didn’t mean that. So what does it really mean to say “I love you”? Does it mean nothing more than “You’re cool”? Or is it actually a magical phrase?
這句幼稚且討好他人的話造成了一個令人遺憾的錯誤。我們最後分手了,因為我們都意識到我說那句話不是認真的。那麼說「我愛你」究竟是什麼意思?只是「你真酷」的意思?還是說它真的是一句有魔力的話?
I asked my 70-year-old Chinese father, “Dad, why don’t we ever say ‘I love you’?” And he said, “We don’t have to always say I love you, it’s understood.” Maybe he’s right.
我的父親是中國人,他已經70歲了。我問他,「爸,我們為什麼從來不說『我愛你’?」他說,「我們不用老是說我愛你,大家心裡都知道。」也許他是對的。
#高雄人 #學習英文 請找 #多益達人林立英文
#高中英文
#成人英文
同時也有1部Youtube影片,追蹤數超過35萬的網紅阿兜仔不教美語,也在其Youtube影片中提到,👉 Facebook➪ http://pics.ee/c7z0 👉 InstaGram ➪ http://pics.ee/1IhQ 👉 虎記商行 ➪ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcCtlMtKy1nr1-GUly9ZMxw 👉 虎記商行 ➪ https://w...
job description意思 在 Diary of a headhunter 獵頭的日常 Facebook 的最佳解答
逢轉職、畢業季,最近的發文會稍微偏向“面試”相關的主題,希望用這種方式陪伴正在面試的讀友們,這系列會整理出一些常見問題,也希望聽到各位的好消息囉。
【文章摘要】
Q2 : 請問你能夠稍微介紹自己嗎?
✔ 聽出意思:你是否適合現有機會呢?
這個問題相當常見也相對重要。這種自我介紹的陳述,架構邏輯、聲音語調是種第一印象的搭建。但許多人會誤以為這樣的問題,是回答:成長背景、求學歷程、每段工作經驗。那我們要思考一下:如果你選擇這樣回答,其實就跟面試官手上的那份履歷“一模一樣”,我們要做的不是“重述”,而是幫對方畫出自己的“重點”。
針對每個職位的面試,自我介紹也絕對不同,我會建議這四個動作(A):
1. 拿出當初所申請該職位的履歷、求職信,畫出自己2~4個的成就重點。
2. 重新檢視該職位描述(Job Description),找出需求關鍵、經驗需求,再比對與你剛畫出“自己”重點是否有關連。
3. 比對完成後,將整理後的重點寫下來,並從介紹自己的身份、專業技能與經驗、總結個人的目標,用自然的方式包裝成“小”故事。
4. 當你有了這份草稿後,務必精簡再精簡,濃縮到3分鐘左右的長度⋯⋯
Happy Hunting!
Lynn
閱讀全文:http://www.lynncareers.com/2017/04/commonivquestion.html
job description意思 在 吹著魔笛的浮士德 Facebook 的最讚貼文
身為營運人員的你,是否有一早進辦公室就被劈頭問「昨天營收多少?」、「昨天營人數怎麼樣?」、「昨天那包賣得好嗎?」等諸多問題使你不勝其擾,但這又是你的Daily Job Description,你甩也甩不掉? 啊,不好意思,我又多問了一個問題。
你難道沒有質疑過:「我回答完這些問題之後呢?有改變什麼嗎?」
job description意思 在 阿兜仔不教美語 Youtube 的最佳貼文
👉 Facebook➪ http://pics.ee/c7z0
👉 InstaGram ➪ http://pics.ee/1IhQ
👉 虎記商行 ➪ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcCtlMtKy1nr1-GUly9ZMxw
👉 虎記商行 ➪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdG5jLLQs2M
【簡介description】
Hi everyone
大家好
I´m Jesús
我是黑素斯
Have you seen my videos?
看過我的影片嗎?
Yesterday when I was meditating
昨天我在冥想的時候
And I have something that needs to tell you
我想到一個需要告訴你的事情
Really, I really need to tell you this
真的,我不得不跟你說
Thank you Taiwan
謝謝台灣
Actually, many people say thank you, but means nothing
其實,很多人說謝謝沒有什麼特別的意思
So I want to explain you
所以我要跟你們解釋
Why do I want to thank Taiwan?
為什麼我要感謝台灣?
Many Taiwanese netizens misunderstood me
很多台灣網友誤會我
Because I often talk about cultural differences
因為我常常討論文化差異
And I won't always say
而且我不會一直說
Taiwan is awesome!
台灣棒棒!
Taiwan is perfect!
台灣完美!
I love Taiwan!
我愛台灣!
This is too fake
這樣太假的啦
However, because I didn’t say that
但是,我沒有這樣說
Some people think I don't like Taiwan
有人覺得我不喜歡台灣
Listen
我告訴你!
You were born in Taiwan just by chance
你們是不小心在台灣出生
Be a resident is my decision
當新住民是我的決定
Who cherishes this country more?
誰比較珍惜這個國家?
Recently I´m travelling a lot
最近常常出差
Last time I went to Shanghai, I found that the life there is tough
上次去上海發現那邊的生活多幸苦
Dear Chinese friends, please
親愛的中國網友,拜託
Don't start to throw shit on me. It's boring. OK?
現在不要開始罵我,很無聊,好不好?
And I don't care
而且我不在乎
Chinese are confident, great!
中國人很有自信,讚!
However, if we don´t talk about problems
但是,沒有討論哪裡問題
problems won´t disappear!
問題也不會不見!
I admire people who can live in Shanghai
我超佩服能夠住在上海的人
That place is too big
那個地方太大了
Everyplace is far away
什麼地方都很遠
They only like new things
全部都要改新的
Hey, only old things have a soul
欸,舊的才會有故事
Is terribly expensive, how can poor people lives there?
貴得要命,窮人怎麼過生活?
Taxi drivers wanna rape me off every day
計程車司機每天都想要騙我的錢
Aunts are very aggressive
那邊的阿姨,很兇
Internet, Internet. . .
網路,互聯網。。。
Wall (VPN) is not easy to pass
牆不好翻
Do not take it wrong, Shanghai also has its beauty
別誤會,上海也有上海的美
After all, my friend and ex-girlfriend are all Shanghainese
畢竟我好朋友,前女友都是上海人
But when I returned to Taiwan, I felt
但是我回來台灣的時候覺得
Very thankfull
充滿了感謝
Thank you for reasonable living expenses
謝謝合理的生活費
Thanks for the convenient internet
感謝方便的網路
Convenient transportation
方便的交通工具
Thank you for Taiwanese cuisine
謝謝台灣的美食
Thanks for Taiwan's security
感謝台灣的安全
But most of all thank you for:
但是最要感謝你們的是:
Taiwan’s human touch
台灣的人情味
Let me live my life here feels great
讓我在這邊過生活很蘇胡
Did you realize about it
有沒有發現
People doesn´ t cherish the everyday life things
我們已經習慣一個東西,就不珍惜?
Right?
是不是?
If there is food at home
家裡有東西吃
You take it for granted
你覺得理所當然
Your boyfriend gives you a macchiato every day
男朋友每天送給你一杯焦糖瑪奇朵
Yout think it is his job
妳覺得是應該的
if he doesn´t, you will complain
沒有送,妳也許會罵她
Actually, there is no such thing as "obviously"
其實,沒有所謂的『理所當然』
I lived in Taiwan for 12 years and got used to everything
住在台灣12年,我什麼都很習慣
So, needs to remind myself
所以,要提醒自己
Cherish the benefits of living in Taiwan
好好珍惜住在台灣的好處
Every day people tell me
每天都有人跟我說
Thank you for loving Taiwan so much
謝謝你那麼愛台灣
do you need thank me for liking Taiwan?
我喜歡台灣需要謝謝嗎?
When I go to the cafe for coffee, the boss won´t say
我去咖啡廳喝咖啡的時候,老闆不會說
Thank you for like our coffee
謝謝你喜歡我們的咖啡
right?
是不是?
Probablily he will way
他比較會說
Do you like it?
喜歡嗎?
Come back again
那以後常來喔
I want to thank Taiwanese government for my ID
我要感謝台灣政府給我台灣身分證
That wasn´t Wu Feng?
那不是吳鳳嗎?
Jesús, you talk a lot of bullshit!
黑素斯,你亂講一大堆!
Don´t compare yourself with Wu Feng
你不要再跟吳鳳比較
Congratulations to Wu Feng!
吳鳳恭喜!
Question
問題
Do you value living in Taiwan?
你珍惜住在台灣嗎?
What about caramel macchiato from your boyfriend?
男朋友送給你的焦糖瑪其朵呢?
What about your girlfriend´s attention?
女朋友的關心呢?
What about the food I cook for you?
阿嬤幫你煮的菜?
Oh!
唉呦!
Jesús, do you cherish me?
黑素斯,你珍惜我嗎?
Did you thank me?
有感謝過我嗎?
S***t
靠腰!
Okay
好啦
You know, right?
你知道吧
Like, Subscribe, Share with your Cat
按讚,訂閱,跟你家裡的貓咪分享
Meow!
喵!
I said Meow!
我說喵!
Meow means do it now
喵的意思是快一點啦
Meow! Meow!
喵喵!
Bye
拜!
I'm curious, do you know I'm sharing photos in IG everyday?
我好奇,你知道每天我在IG PO照片嗎?
Check it out
去看啦
I reply msn by myself
回答是我本人耶
Next week
下個禮拜
Meow!
喵!
Bye
賤!
【音樂MUSIC】
Funk Down
job description意思 在 速食店打工仔,恐怖漢堡店生存日誌#恐怖遊戲直播|什麼意思 的推薦與評價
希望直播後我們都可以到連鎖速食業上班 以後頻道工作結束就要去應徵了快點追蹤我 :謙IG https://www.instagram.com/da_chien_huang/ ... ... <看更多>