#EZTALK #你不知道的美國大小事
Food Idioms 美國生活用語:Chicken 雞🐣
Chicken is an even better source of protein than eggs, and of course there’s a substantial number of chicken-related idioms. 吃膩蛋了嗎?來點下蛋的動物如何?🐥雞肉比起蛋,是更優質的蛋白質來源,也有許多生活用語。
1⃣chicken out
2⃣play chicken
3⃣chicken feed
4⃣chicken scratch
5⃣spring chicken
6⃣ run around like a chicken with its head cut off
--
Everyone knows that chickens are easily frightened, 1⃣ so “chicken” can also mean “coward” or “cowardly.” Ex: Don’t be such a chicken! And for a verb phrase, just add an “out.” Ex: He wanted to ask her out, but chickened out at the last minute. 2⃣ What happens when people “play chicken”? It means they play a dangerous game to see who gives in first. Ex: You should never play chicken with another car.
大家都知道,雞很容易受到驚嚇,所以chicken一字也可以指「懦夫」,或是當形容詞,指「膽小懦弱的」。如:Don’t be such a chicken!(別這麼膽小!)如果要用來表示動詞,後面加上out即可,如:He wanted to ask her out, but chickened out at the last minute.(他本來想約她出去,在最後卻退縮了。)當人們play chicken時會發生什麼事呢?這是在說「比試膽量」,就是玩危險的比賽,來看哪個人先讓步。如:You should never play chicken with another car.(你不該跟其他駕駛搶路爭道。)
If you’ve ever seen chickens pecking around for small bits of food, you can understand why3⃣ “chicken feed” means a small amount of money (wages or profits). Ex: I’m tired of working long hours for chicken feed. And if you’ve seen chickens scratching the ground, you can understand why 4⃣ “chicken scratch” means illegible handwriting. Ex: Ben left me a note, but I can’t understand his chicken scratch.
如果你看過雞在四周啄食米粒的樣子,你大概就會明白chicken feed為什麼有「微薄的一筆錢(薪水或利潤)」。如:I’m tired of working long hours for chicken feed.(我已經厭倦這份工時長收入又微薄的工作了。)又如果你也看過雞用爪子抓地面的樣子,也大概能理解,為何chicken scratch可以形容「字跡潦草」,如:Ben left me a note, but I can’t understand his chicken scratch.(班留紙條給我,但是我看不懂他的鬼畫符。)
Chickens are usually born in the spring, 5⃣ so a “spring chicken” refers to someone who’s still young. Ex: Your boyfriend is a little old, but you’re no spring chicken either. But even old chickens don’t go out without a fight. Even when they get their heads cut off, they often keep running around for a few seconds. For this reason, 6⃣ “run around like a chicken with its head cut off” is used to describe someone who is behaving in a frantic manner, usually because they have too much to do. Ex: Why is Patricia running around like a chicken with its head cut off?
雞通常出生於春天,所以spring chicken常用來指「年輕人,毛頭小子或姑娘」,如:Your boyfriend is a little old, but you’re no spring chicken either.(你男友是有點年紀,但你也不是毛頭小孩啊。)不過即使是老雞,也鬥志堅強。當雞隻頭被切下來,他們的身體還是能跑個幾秒鐘。因為這樣,所以run around like a chicken with its head cut off可以用來形容「如無頭蒼蠅忙碌」。如:Why is Patricia running around like a chicken with its head cut off?(為什麼派翠西亞要像個無頭蒼蠅一樣跑來跑去?)
【✍重點單字】
1. give in「讓步」
2. illegible「字跡難以辨認的」
-
🔔 按下「搶先看」,每週五【美國大小事】,由 Judd 編審分享最即時美國新鮮事!想知道更多美國文化,請看 👉 http://bit.ly/EZTalk嚴選
同時也有1部Youtube影片,追蹤數超過35萬的網紅阿兜仔不教美語,也在其Youtube影片中提到,👉 Facebook➪ http://pics.ee/c7z0 👉 InstaGram ➪ http://pics.ee/1IhQ 👉 虎記商行 ➪ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcCtlMtKy1nr1-GUly9ZMxw 👉 虎記商行 ➪ https://w...
「your boyfriend game是什麼」的推薦目錄:
your boyfriend game是什麼 在 阿兜仔不教美語 Youtube 的精選貼文
👉 Facebook➪ http://pics.ee/c7z0
👉 InstaGram ➪ http://pics.ee/1IhQ
👉 虎記商行 ➪ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcCtlMtKy1nr1-GUly9ZMxw
👉 虎記商行 ➪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdG5jLLQs2M
【簡介description】
Hi everyone
大家好
I´m Jesús
我是黑素斯
Have you seen my videos?
看過我的影片嗎?
Yesterday when I was meditating
昨天我在冥想的時候
And I have something that needs to tell you
我想到一個需要告訴你的事情
Really, I really need to tell you this
真的,我不得不跟你說
Thank you Taiwan
謝謝台灣
Actually, many people say thank you, but means nothing
其實,很多人說謝謝沒有什麼特別的意思
So I want to explain you
所以我要跟你們解釋
Why do I want to thank Taiwan?
為什麼我要感謝台灣?
Many Taiwanese netizens misunderstood me
很多台灣網友誤會我
Because I often talk about cultural differences
因為我常常討論文化差異
And I won't always say
而且我不會一直說
Taiwan is awesome!
台灣棒棒!
Taiwan is perfect!
台灣完美!
I love Taiwan!
我愛台灣!
This is too fake
這樣太假的啦
However, because I didn’t say that
但是,我沒有這樣說
Some people think I don't like Taiwan
有人覺得我不喜歡台灣
Listen
我告訴你!
You were born in Taiwan just by chance
你們是不小心在台灣出生
Be a resident is my decision
當新住民是我的決定
Who cherishes this country more?
誰比較珍惜這個國家?
Recently I´m travelling a lot
最近常常出差
Last time I went to Shanghai, I found that the life there is tough
上次去上海發現那邊的生活多幸苦
Dear Chinese friends, please
親愛的中國網友,拜託
Don't start to throw shit on me. It's boring. OK?
現在不要開始罵我,很無聊,好不好?
And I don't care
而且我不在乎
Chinese are confident, great!
中國人很有自信,讚!
However, if we don´t talk about problems
但是,沒有討論哪裡問題
problems won´t disappear!
問題也不會不見!
I admire people who can live in Shanghai
我超佩服能夠住在上海的人
That place is too big
那個地方太大了
Everyplace is far away
什麼地方都很遠
They only like new things
全部都要改新的
Hey, only old things have a soul
欸,舊的才會有故事
Is terribly expensive, how can poor people lives there?
貴得要命,窮人怎麼過生活?
Taxi drivers wanna rape me off every day
計程車司機每天都想要騙我的錢
Aunts are very aggressive
那邊的阿姨,很兇
Internet, Internet. . .
網路,互聯網。。。
Wall (VPN) is not easy to pass
牆不好翻
Do not take it wrong, Shanghai also has its beauty
別誤會,上海也有上海的美
After all, my friend and ex-girlfriend are all Shanghainese
畢竟我好朋友,前女友都是上海人
But when I returned to Taiwan, I felt
但是我回來台灣的時候覺得
Very thankfull
充滿了感謝
Thank you for reasonable living expenses
謝謝合理的生活費
Thanks for the convenient internet
感謝方便的網路
Convenient transportation
方便的交通工具
Thank you for Taiwanese cuisine
謝謝台灣的美食
Thanks for Taiwan's security
感謝台灣的安全
But most of all thank you for:
但是最要感謝你們的是:
Taiwan’s human touch
台灣的人情味
Let me live my life here feels great
讓我在這邊過生活很蘇胡
Did you realize about it
有沒有發現
People doesn´ t cherish the everyday life things
我們已經習慣一個東西,就不珍惜?
Right?
是不是?
If there is food at home
家裡有東西吃
You take it for granted
你覺得理所當然
Your boyfriend gives you a macchiato every day
男朋友每天送給你一杯焦糖瑪奇朵
Yout think it is his job
妳覺得是應該的
if he doesn´t, you will complain
沒有送,妳也許會罵她
Actually, there is no such thing as "obviously"
其實,沒有所謂的『理所當然』
I lived in Taiwan for 12 years and got used to everything
住在台灣12年,我什麼都很習慣
So, needs to remind myself
所以,要提醒自己
Cherish the benefits of living in Taiwan
好好珍惜住在台灣的好處
Every day people tell me
每天都有人跟我說
Thank you for loving Taiwan so much
謝謝你那麼愛台灣
do you need thank me for liking Taiwan?
我喜歡台灣需要謝謝嗎?
When I go to the cafe for coffee, the boss won´t say
我去咖啡廳喝咖啡的時候,老闆不會說
Thank you for like our coffee
謝謝你喜歡我們的咖啡
right?
是不是?
Probablily he will way
他比較會說
Do you like it?
喜歡嗎?
Come back again
那以後常來喔
I want to thank Taiwanese government for my ID
我要感謝台灣政府給我台灣身分證
That wasn´t Wu Feng?
那不是吳鳳嗎?
Jesús, you talk a lot of bullshit!
黑素斯,你亂講一大堆!
Don´t compare yourself with Wu Feng
你不要再跟吳鳳比較
Congratulations to Wu Feng!
吳鳳恭喜!
Question
問題
Do you value living in Taiwan?
你珍惜住在台灣嗎?
What about caramel macchiato from your boyfriend?
男朋友送給你的焦糖瑪其朵呢?
What about your girlfriend´s attention?
女朋友的關心呢?
What about the food I cook for you?
阿嬤幫你煮的菜?
Oh!
唉呦!
Jesús, do you cherish me?
黑素斯,你珍惜我嗎?
Did you thank me?
有感謝過我嗎?
S***t
靠腰!
Okay
好啦
You know, right?
你知道吧
Like, Subscribe, Share with your Cat
按讚,訂閱,跟你家裡的貓咪分享
Meow!
喵!
I said Meow!
我說喵!
Meow means do it now
喵的意思是快一點啦
Meow! Meow!
喵喵!
Bye
拜!
I'm curious, do you know I'm sharing photos in IG everyday?
我好奇,你知道每天我在IG PO照片嗎?
Check it out
去看啦
I reply msn by myself
回答是我本人耶
Next week
下個禮拜
Meow!
喵!
Bye
賤!
【音樂MUSIC】
Funk Down